"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Days of Promise!

Two days ago the weather was beautiful!

I got home from work early and grabbed my fishing pole, my diet Dr. Pepper(with lime), my radio and headed out to the beautiful pond in my new backyard.

The breeze was blowing softly, creating ripples in the water which allowed it to brush up along the bank and run across my toes. The water was still very cool, but the warmth from the sun on my face was enough to keep me satisfied.

As I cast my pole into the pond(hoping to catch the big bass my neighbor told me about), I started to say a small prayer of thanks for the way the Lord had blessed us with such a beautiful day in the midst of winter.

The cold weather can become such a dreadful thing. Winter can drag on and on and its hard to find reasons to be thankful for its biting temperatures. It has a tendancy to bring on illness, to make things appear dark and gloomy and if it goes on for too long it can create depression in people.

I laid down on the swing and looked up into the sky and realized that God used that day to remind me that even in the midst of a season that is supposed to be cold, He can change it in an instant if He chooses.

If it seems like winter in your life right now
just remember
just because summer isn't here yet, doesn't mean He won't give you days of hope to remind you that He is faithful to bring change!

Oh how He loves you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment