"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, March 28, 2011

Samanthia


Her feet are tiny and cracked.

Her tiny hands hold a piece of apple that is dried out from the sun.

Can you see her....


Her legs are small, but they are strong as they carry her down a rock covered path.

Can you see her...


Her hair and face are covered in dust, but her smile shines through it all

Can you see her...

She is only two years old, but she knows how to get home in the dark...alone.

Can you imagine that....


Since I left Africa all I can think about are the countless children I met at the Maisha Orphanage.

I admit that one of the little girls(Samanthia) completely captured my heart. I find myself wondering almost hourly what she is doing.

I wonder if she has eaten...

I wonder if she has a safe place to lay her head...

I wonder if she will come to know Jesus one day...


...and in the midst of all of this wondering I start to worry. (how could I not...right??)


It gives me a brain ache!!!!

I want to fly over to where she is at and rescue her!

I want to take things into my own hands and go over there and save her. I want to save her from a life full of hardships. A life that will be scary at times. A life that will beat her down. A life that will not be full of all of the things she wants or needs.


As I start to evaluate what I am trying to save her from I realize that even if she were here with me she would still face the same things!

As I sit and think about my sweet baby, I begin to see that the most precious thing that I could do for her is to continue to show her the love of Jesus and eventually lead her to His saving grace.

I see the condition that she lives in and the things she has to face...and I admit that it is hard for me to trust her into the Lord's hands; but I know that ultimately His hands are the safest place she could be!


IT IS THE HARDEST THING for me to place her in His hands, but I have to believe that His plan for her life is much better than any plan that I could conjure up for her.


But this doesn't mean that I just sit by and do nothing to help.


I am starting a ministry to help the children and women of many African communities to have a source of light that will provide safety and protection as they walk from place to place. It might not seem like a big thing to some people; but a small light in the vast darkness can provide hope and endurance to continue on a journey.

My hope and prayer is that the flashlights I will send will be a representation of the light of Christ.

Although I can't physically be with Samanthia....I can send her a small ray of hope from a flashlight that will hopefully lead her out of the darkness and into the light of His love!


Please pray for the little children!

...and please pray for this ministry....

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" Ephesians 3:20


Oh how He loves you and me!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment