"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jump into His arms


I love when I find someone in the Bible I can connect with.


The old saying, "misery loves company" is so true!


We are all flawed and imperfect people.

No matter how hard we try to look and act perfect, the truth is that we are a big mess!


We want to be around people who are strong, but at the same time we need people to be real, authentic and transparent.


I think that is why I can relate to a man named Gideon.


I am not sure if you know this guy's story, but I bet it will be one that you can relate to.


Let me give you a little piece of his story....


Gideon can be found in the book of Judges(the Old Testament is pretty awesome by the way)


In Judges 6:12-13a it says that, " the angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, " The Lord is with you, O mighty man of valor." And Gideon said to him, "Please sir, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us?"


The angel of the Lord was speaking to Gideon in an audible voice, and the first thing that comes out of his mouth was, "if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us?"


Even as I read this passage and saw that the Lord had sent Gideon a sign, I still found more comfort in Gideon's response than in the fact that God had shown Himself.

I think it is because Gideon's response is much like my own so many times.

God shows up big in my life, and yet even in the midst of His miracle I find myself questioning Him.

It is not something that I am proud of...

In fact I pray every night that God would deliver me from any doubt that would separate me from Him...

But the reality is that sometimes in my humanness, I find myself swirling around in a sea of doubt.

Lately, for me, I have been worrying and doubting about surrending an area of my life to the Lord that I know He wants.

So it was very timely, and you might say a "God thing" that I happened on this story in the Bible at this time in my life.


As the story of Gideon continues he says, " Please, Lord, how can I save Israel? Behold, my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house." (verse 15)


The Lord was calling Gideon to step out in faith and save the people of Israel. He was willing to come to Gideon in a mighty way and show Himself to prove that He would take care of everything; but all Gideon could see was his own weakness and he began to worry that he was not capable of the calling that God was placing on him.


When I read this I instantly felt all nice and warm on the inside. I was thinking," OHHHH YES if this guy can question and doubt then so can I!!!!"


And then....

I read on.


It says that, " And the Lord said to him, "But I will be with you, and you shall strike the Midianites as one man."(verse 15)


It is nice that I can relate to Gideon's doubt, worry and fear,but once I have connected to that I have to be willing to move beyond those feelings just as he did, and take the steps of faith to follow God.

No matter how unworthy I feel I am for the task.


As the story goes on Gideon questions the Lord two more times, but in the end he chooses to surrender and accepts what God is requiring of him.


Maybe you are in a situation like this...

Maybe it has something to do with your finances...releasing your grip and trusting Him with the results.

Maybe it has to do with a relationship in your life...

Maybe is has to do with your job....


Whatever it is, I hope that you will not beat yourself up for doubting or worrying,but will instead look at this story and find comfort in knowing that as humans we all struggle with doubt.


HOWEVER...my prayer is that above all, you will know that when the Lord is tugging on your heart to make a faith move, you will remember the faith and assurance of God's promise in this story.

I believe that it's His promise that will enable you to turn your fear into trust, and release your life into His capable hands!


Although it seems scary to jump....just remember, there has never been a time He asked you to jump and hasn't caught you safe in His arms!


Oh how He loves you and me!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment