"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Friday, April 8, 2011

Table for one please....

The dreaded phrase, "table for one"! YIKES! I have hated that phrase for so many years. It gets really old going to a restaurant and telling the host or hostess that you are only going to have one in your party; and then they ask the dreaded question... "would you just like to sit at the bar since its just you?" ummmm...NO! :) Seriously though as I have waited on God (not always with a great attitude I am sad to say) to bring the right man into my life, I have found it very hard to deal with the things of this world that were created for two or more. you know like.... sitting at church alone... going to the movies alone...(don't judge...a girl has got to go to the movies) not getting to ride a two seater bike with someone(hahahaha.. I wouldn't do that anyways...just threw that in there) and of course going to dinner alone. Maybe these things don't seem like a big deal; but as I have gone through my twenties I have found it very challenging not to let these things bring me down. That is until a couple of months ago :) At 29 years old( wow, that kinda stings to write that) I have finally come to a place where I am not happy about being single(I mean come on..what girl doesn't want a fantabulous wedding), BUT I have finally found authentic contentment in where God has me. It has been a long process to get to this point, but I can see now that the soul purpose of God allowing me to stay single for so long has been to teach me to be content in Him...no matter what! He wanted me to see that He is my portion! If God would have placed me in a marriage relationship a long time ago I would have never learned some valuable lessons, met some incredible people or gone to places that have changed my life forever. I wouldn't have been able to say this when I was 25, or even a year ago, but praise God I can finally take a look at my life and be satisfied with where God has me and trust where He is taking me. Do you have a situation in your life that you are waiting on God for? (if you are a human being then your answer will be yes :) Maybe it has to do with a job. Maybe it is the salvation of a loved one Maybe it is for your finances. Maybe its deliverance from an addiction Whatever it is that you are waiting on...remember that God holds your life in His hands! He loves you and wants what is best for your life! Allow Him to be your soul portion as you wait, and watch in amazement what He will do with your life. You might have to wait a long time...but just because you wait doesn't mean He doesn't care :) He knows what you need, when you need it :) Ephesians 3:20 says " Now to HIM who is ABLE to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" This is our promise from God! He will do more than we can think up or imagine! (and boy can I imagine some great stuff) Whatever you are waiting for, I pray that you will begin to surrender it to God and allow Him to be all that you need. For everything there is a season! So for me, I am going to continue on the road and wait. It's not always going to be easy, but I know now that without learning to wait on God I can never fully rely on Him. Sooo until that day... this girl is going to happily be known as ... a table for one. Oh how He loves you and me!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! Thank you for the encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete