"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My mom, dad and my faithful Father

 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful!"
 - Hebrews 10:23

    If any of you know me...you probably know my parents. If you don't know my parents...you should!!!!!
    I was deeply and richly blessed to have been given a set of parents whose love for me is passionate and full of mercy.
    I am humbled by the Lord that He would allow me to have such great people in my life.
You see...as a young woman who is unmarried up to this point in my life, I have spent countless hours and time with children of all ages who were not blessed with any parents.

 Last March I went to Africa to serve in an orphanage with so many precious little babies who have been orphaned because of many different reasons. My mind couldn't grasp how I was blessed with such love...and yet these tiny, beautiful creations were not given the same thing.
I ached to stay with each of them and bestow the love on them that the Lord had blessed me with with in my parents.
    Again I felt so undeserving....but overwhelmingly thankful!
The love I feel for my parents cannot be expressed by mere words....nothing could convey the depth of passion and joy I feel for them.
 Like I said earlier, if you don't know my parents...you should :) I joke about that....but in all seriousness they are two people whose lives have been a living testimony of faith, sacrifice and unceasing love!
  My mom knows no stranger! She is always in a good mood...always full of joy and is a faithful prayer warrior to sooooo many people! Her life has been a testimony of faith and trust in the Lord. She stands up for what she believes, she loves unconditionally, and she is always willing to take a phone call from someone who is aching...hurting or in distress. Her arms are always open...even to strangers. My momma led me to the Lord at 8 years old and I watched her as she went to the altar every Sunday to pray for my dad. I learned how to look at things positively from her...I learned how to always show love to someone and give my all regardless if someones gives their all back to me.
 My daddy(lump in my throat) is one of the funniest guys I know. He can talk to anyone and make them feel welcome and at home. His wisdom on life comes from a deep relationship with the Lord that he spends time sharing with others. In my entire life I have never heard him complain about going to work for his family(and he worked fun sunrise to sunset while I was growing up) He doesn't have a lazy bone in his body! In fact, growing up I would sometimes wish he would let us be lazy and lay around..nope :) I realize now it was good for me.
                                               My parents are the definition of love on earth!
                                                             
 I want to give you a story of faithfulness to encourage anyone who is struggling with believing that the Lord is going to do a faithful work in your own life.
         When I was a little girl my daddy was not a believer. My mom prayed, fasted, prayed and lived a life that represented the true love of Jesus. It was hard to imagine that my dad would ever come to know the Lord....in fact I remember thinking, "THERE IS NO WAY!!!!"
    My friends, there is ALWAYS a way with God!
Because of prayer and continued faithfulness my daddy became a believer! He is not only a believer now....he is the spiritual leader in our family, serves in ministry and devotes his time to seeking wisdom from the Lord.
 Many people look to him now for prayer and a good word from the Lord :)
It was a "lost cause" in my human mind for so many years....but God proved Himself faithful!!!!

Is there something in your life that you are saying, "God, there is NO WAY!!!" ?????
  Is there a situation you are facing at work that you can't imagine you are going to get through?
Have you lost everything and are wondering if God can hear you????
   Do you have children who are causing your heart to break and you wonder how the Lord is going to reach them?
Are you trying with all your heart to break strongholds or addictions in your life...but time after time you fail and you just want to give up?
Maybe you have been praying for soooooo long and you are not seeing a change...so you are losing hope in the Lord.
Maybe, you don't know the Lord...and you are wondering how a person like yourself could ever have a relationship with Jesus.

 My friends, I want to remind you that even though a prayer has not been answered in the way or the timing that you want...does NOT mean that the Lord has forgotten you!
Waiting on God is so hard....but precious friend..HE IS FAITHFUL!

It took YEARS for my daddy to come to know Jesus...but now he is teaching his entire family about the love of the Lord.
   I was even blessed to serve along side him on a mission trip this past summer! (oh Lord you are faithful)
I know that if you are in a season of waiting...it is not easy! Sometimes you get tired of hearing how everyone else has been blessed with answered prayers when you are sitting at home struggling with believing.
My friends, NEVER get tired of hearing of God's faithfulness!
In fact, I encourage you to ask people of God's faithfulness and write in a journal all the ways that God has been faithful in your life.
Sometimes our problems and circumstances can weigh us down so far that we lose sight of all that we are blessed with.
What has God done in your life?
 Where has He been faithful????
A very wise man told me the other day that when we begin to feel discouraged by the enemy and we want to lose heart....hold your head up high and praise the Lord in the midst of that problem and Satan will flee!
 So many of you have emailed me, called me and spent time sharing with me all that you are struggling with and I am honored and humbled to the point of tears for your willingness to be so transparent with me.
I am deep in love with each of you and passionately pray for each of your lives.
I am also confident that whatever you are facing....GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Don't lose heart....He has defeated the enemy!

I love you all so much!

                                                         Oh how He loves you and me!!!

Momma and Daddy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment