"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, January 13, 2014

Friends



I came to Barnes and Noble tonight prepared to write a blog on a topic that is very deep and thought provoking. I gathered my books on the topic, I ordered a Venti Latte with 3 shots and nestled myself into a back corner of the cafe ready to deliver a blog that would excite my audience! ( I know...I know I am being dramatic) Anyways, as I was sitting here preparing, two ladies, probably in their mid-seventies sat down next to me. They were both dressed in floral print sweaters and had their hair styled perfectly. Their faces were soft and gentle and they smelled like roses and Christmas all in one! They were drinking tea and shared an oatmeal cookie as they talked about their day. As I listened to them talk I found out that they had been friends for years. They talked about the past and laughed sweetly at memories and "the good old days". I tried not to be a creeper, but I was so interested in the details I kept hearing in their stories every once in a while. They went from laughing, to crying and they even reached across the table to hug each other. I found myself smiling at the sweetness of their friendship.
I came to the bookstore tonight to read books and gather some insight into a deep topic and instead I was pleasantly surprised at the inspiration I received from two ladies and their friendship.
Friendship is such an important thing to have with people. I have learned as a single woman that without some of my amazing friends I would never be able to make it each day. I am lucky enough to have several girlfriends in my life that I know no matter how long we go without talking that we can always come back to each other as strong as ever. These women from the bookstore reminded me tonight that you have to take time and invest in the people you love. There is nothing more important in this life than building relationships and showing care and concern for people. Take the time out of your schedule and spend it with someone you love. It can be as simple as going to the bookstore and sharing an oatmeal cookie over a cup of tea!
Never take moments for granted!

Oh how He loves you and me!
Jeremiah 33:3

1 comment: