"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wisdom from the Kardashians!

So I was flipping through the channels today while dealing with a sore throat and I landed on Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I have never really watched the show and I decided to watch it to see why everyone likes it so much.
They have a super extravagant lifestyle, very expensive taste and LOADS of drama. I am not gonna lie...for some reason I was really intrigued and couldn't change the darn channel!
I mean seriously, I would love to have someone fix my hair and be able to take my girlfriends on a fun trip at anytime.
On this particular show the family was on a vacation in Greece and they spared no expense to have a good time. The girls were dressed in a different outfit for almost every camera shot and they were spending money on everything! That was not the reason I couldn't change the channel though. I couldn't change the channel because I kept hearing them say that they couldn't seem to find their happiness. One of the daughters was talking to her mom and she said that she was sad for her sister because she knew she wouldn't find her happiness until she had her baby. The mother agreed and said that she hoped each of her children would find their happiness in something in life.
The sad part of that to me was not that they lived crazy lifestyles...I was saddened because with all that they have it still was not enough. They felt as if they needed to find happiness in a relationship, a child, expensive trips and things that won't last.
I began to realize why this show resonates with so many viewers now days. We all want so much in this life.
We think if we just had that job we would be happy...
We think if we could just get our hair done like that celebrity we would be happy...
We think that if we could just lose that 10 pounds someone would like us better...or maybe we would like ourselves better...
We think that if we could just get married to that "perfect person and have that perfect family" that we would be happy...
We think__________________________ <-------- fill in your "happy" here.
The thing about thinking all of this will make us happy is that nothing in this life lasts forever. It is great to have goals and dreams, but if your life can't be complete and happy without achieving some those things...you might end up living a pretty miserable life.
So how do you do you find happiness when you don't have exactly what you want in life?
Well, for me I have learned that life is not always going to be happy. Circumstances in life will get difficult and there will be times that things just don't go the way that you planned. This has taught me that you will never find lasting happiness in "things" or even people. You have to find JOY in your life in something that is lasting!
The only thing that is lasting is God's love for you! The relationship that you develop with Him will not only bring you happiness, it will bring you peace, joy and fulfillment as you walk through this life. That does not mean that life will always be easy, but it does mean that you can have confidence that even in the hard times you will still be able to have joy after the trials. Love your life and appreciate what God has given you. There is nothing wrong with loving a fabulous pair of shoes or going on a trip with your family. Just remember that things don't last forever...but His love is never ending!

Oh how He loves you and me!

1 comment: