"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 22, 2014

A baby.....

For a long time I have wanted to have a family.

I have dreamed of the day that I would get married and have children.
After years of dating and God closing the door I have often found myself wondering if a family would ever be possible.

To be honest, I was really discouraged by this for a couple years and had a big fat pity party on several occasions. As time went on I really tried to see things from a different perspective.
I had a good friend tell me that I needed to live in purposeful patience during my time as a single woman.

As hard as that was...I knew I needed to take that advice.

I began to look at my life and I realized how focused I was on "me". I realized I was constantly telling myself that I could only be happy in life if I was married and had children. Then I thought ...well...if that never happened in my lifetime would that mean that I was just destined to be miserable??

I knew in that moment that my focus in life had to be on other people and not myself.

As I began to find ways to help other people I really started to find great joy in my life again.
I began to truly find great significance in the fact that I was single and had time to take someone to coffee, spend time in missions and just going to do what I wanted when I wanted.(moms don't get too much "me" time...if you are a mom you know what I mean)
I started to focus on the relationships with my friends more and realized that God had blessed me with friends that I could definitely call family.
Right about the time I began to feel very satisfied in life I attended a church service and the Pastor was speaking on foster care. I have always loved children, but the idea of foster care had never crossed my mind.
As the Pastor continued to tell stories I felt a tug in my heart. ( you know that feeling you get when you just know you are supposed to help)
After church that day I began the process of moving forward with foster care.
It has been a long process and there have definitely been some roadblocks in the way, but God has been faithful to bring my desires of having children into my life in a way that I would have never imagined!

Next week is a big week for me. My heart is so excited and hopeful that God will be placing a little girl in my life within the next couple weeks. It is not a for sure thing yet, but I am hopeful.
It is an emotional journey and definitely an adventure that I would never have experienced without seeking to pursue the purpose God had for me.

It is so funny to look back on life and see the things you hoped for and realize that God was orchestrating something even better than you could have expected!

It is not easy to wait and be patient when you ache for something in life, but patience and faithfulness always pay off in the end.

What are you waiting for in life?
A better job?
A husband or wife?
Fill in the blank______________

Start with purposeful patience.
Focus on the good that you have in this life and focus on how you can help someone else. You will begin to lose sight of your problems and you will experience joy in areas of your life that you did not expect.

I can't wait to see who God brings into my life to make the dream of a family a reality!


Oh how He loves you and me!!
Jeremiah 33:3

1 comment: