"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, January 5, 2015

Hayden

My two loves

One of the most beautiful and special things about being a woman in a relationship with a man is when he leads you to the Lord!

I have been blessed by the Lord that He has chosen to give me such a man in Hayden.

There are plenty of amazing things that I could share about him (like the way he makes me laugh or the way he loves my daughter), but the thing that I value the most in him is his passion for the Lord!
His passion for the Lord is what directs him in all the areas of his life and is what helps him to lead me.

One of the ways that I love to learn from him is when he shares what God has placed on his heart during his sermons or when he speaks at church events.

Sunday morning Hayden preached a sermon and I was so blessed by what he shared that I had to share some of it with others. ( I won't even come close to sharing what he shared...but I will simply share with you what the Lord taught me)

His sermon was based out of Philippians 3:7-14. (check out this passage)

He used this passage to encourage and challenge the church to not focus on the things in the past, but to strive towards the future. In order to grow we have to let go of things in our past so that we can fully live out our purpose.

He had the church repeat the phrase, " Let go... and grow"
He shared with us that one of his mentors years ago told him that, "When you change the way you look at things, the thing you look at will change"

So many times we get stuck in our past failures and we live there.
We are afraid to step out in faith and walk where the Lord is leading us because we live in fear.

Hayden's sermon reminded me that God wants us to live in victory! God wants us to strive daily to live out our purpose and not be in chains to fear and worry and anxiety.

Do you know your purpose?
Maybe it is to be a great stay at home mom...
Maybe you have been called to a specific mission field...
Maybe it is to help the homeless...
Maybe it is just to love on others daily and show them the love of God...

Whatever you believe God has purposed you to do while you are here on this earth don't let fear keep you from walking in that purpose!

Hayden challenged everyone to choose a word that would define your year.
He also challenged us to pick a phrase that would go along with that word and a scripture verse that would give him focus for the year.

Hayden's word was- Direct
Hayden's phrase was - I will make my plans, but it is the Lord that directs my steps. (that is a scripture in Psalms)
Hayden's Scripture was Genesis 18:19 " 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”

I would encourage anyone that reads this to try this out. It is a great way to set a goal for the year that will help you to focus on the Lord! It will really help you to take your eyes off your past and to take hold of what God has for your future!

The Lord wants us to live in victory and freedom!

I am so blessed to be led by this man that loves the Lord and I encourage everyone to come hear a good word from him! You will be blessed beyond measure!


Oh how He loves you and me!








No comments:

Post a Comment