"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Saturday, July 11, 2015

My daughter...a daughter of the King!

Tonight as I was looking into the eyes of my daughter as I rocked her to sleep...I started to think about what she will be like when she is older.


Will she be goofy and funny...
Will she be an athlete...
Will she love going to the mall and getting pedis with me (I HOPE SO)...
Will she like to read...

As I thought about those things I knew that there was no way to know the answers. Those were all possibilities for her life...

As always...my mind started to drift to the heavier things that she will definitely have to face...

She will know insecurity...
She will know and face rejection...
She will face loss...
She will deal with hurt and fear and pain....

As my mind started to think on these things I held her tighter...
My eyes started to fill with tears at the thought of my tiny girl experiencing so much in her life.
Things that I can't protect her from.

As a mom my biggest fear is knowing that one day my baby will have to struggle in this life and I won't be able to do anything about it.

After she feel asleep I took her into her room and prayed over her.
As I prayed God's Spirit gave me a gentle reminder. This is what I heard Him say...

Nylah will face pain...but I am greater!
Nylah will face rejection...but I will help her overcome!
Nylah will face fears and doubts, but I will reminder her of who I AM!
Nylah will know insecurity, but as she leans into Me I will teach her that My love is greater than man's love.
Mechel...you can't protect her from this world, but you can prepare her for it by teaching her about Me!

There is no way that I can shelter Nylah from all the scary things the future holds. But I can teach her to love God, do good to others and walk in His ways.
The storms of life will come, but with the Lord's help she will overcome!

Oh how He loves you and me!
For all you ladies check out this video! You are a daughter of the King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWi5iXnguTU

No comments:

Post a Comment