"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, October 19, 2015

Great things in store!

A year ago.




Just a little over a year ago I was waiting to find out if Nylah Elizabeth would be my forever love.


I was praying for God's will to be done in our lives...even if that meant that our journey did not lead to adoption.


I remember the agony of waiting to hear from my case worker....
I remember treasuring each moment I had with Nylah...just in case it was my last.
I remember the struggle of wanting to keep her...but also resting and finding peace that if she were to go back to her birth mommy that God would allow my heart to heal.




Little did I know then that God would open all the doors for us to be together forever just a few short months later!






I remember during those months clinging to the my life verse. It is found in Jeremiah 33:3. It says, " Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."
  This verse was a daily reminder that even though I was living in a season of waiting and confusion...that the one assurance I had was in knowing that I could call on Him.
I could put my trust in the Creator of the Universe and know that He had my best interest at heart!


God taught me in that time if He were to close the door that I would have to find peace in Him and for Him to be enough.




I had to accept His will.
Not what I wanted.
Not what I thought was best.


I had to accept that whatever God did or didn't do...I was going to have peace in knowing that it was best for my life! (now that doesn't mean it would have been easy if things would have turned out differently)


Has God closed the doors to plans in your life that you thought for sure where meant to stay open?


Do you struggle in understanding what God has planned for your life?


Whatever season you find yourself in there is one thing you can know...God wants to use this time to draw you closer to Him! He wants to show you that His plans and His ways are so much better and greater than you can imagine!
Just like a parent protects their child from harmful situations by closing doors to rooms that might not be best for them to go into...God does the same for His children!


Don't focus on where you are at right now. Focus on what God can and will do with your life!


I never would have guessed that fostering my little baby girl would lead to adoption...
I never would have believed that I would be a single mom...
I never would have known I could love a tiny human this much...




But God knew.


He knows your story.
He has great things in store!!!
Trust Him.
He. Cares. For. YOU!!!!




Oh how He loves you and me!







No comments:

Post a Comment