"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Moving Forward

  " Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


Over the last year I have gone through some amazing highs and what felt like earth shattering lows in my life :)


During some of the really low seasons I have been blessed beyond measure by some pretty amazing friends and family that have carried me!


I have also been blessed by other friends who reached out to me...even though they were going through an even darker season than I was experiencing...and offered their care, support and encouragement! I have learned so much and gained so much perspective from people who are in the midst of suffering and still live their lives with joy, perspective and hope! (it makes me cry thinking about some of these amazing people)


I have truly seen what God means when He says we are to be His hands and feet and to care for others.


As time has gone on...and God has healed my heart...He has gently shown me that He does in fact use all things for His good. (of course we can't see that right away when the cloud of destruction makes our view foggy)


Each time God brings us through a trial...each time we overcome something that we think is sure to break us...we are able to look back at that trial...take a deep sigh...and praise God that He helped us make it through.
Does that mean we are thankful for the painful situation?
HECK NO!
But...if we choose to look at it with God's perspective...and cling to hope...then we can take that deep breath and praise God for getting us through and choose to grow from any pain we have walked through.


I know this amazing man and he was telling me the other day that has walked through some unbelievable things in his life. As we talked face to face and he shared his experiences with me...his eyes still held hope! He spoke with joy in the midst of pain...he laughed at times about making the best out of hard times...and he offered up a words of encouragement to me...even though his circumstances were far more than I could ever imagine walking through!
As he spoke he shared the pain...but also how the hope of a better day was sure to come! I have never met a man, or person for that matter, with such hope and optimism!


I realized through talking to him that this is where God can use our painful situations for His good.
Each trial you walk through...you can rest assured someone you know has or is walking through something similar and needs encouragement.
Your journey, although painful at times, can be the very thing that provides another human being with just enough hope to make it another day!


I am not happy about the painful circumstances I have walked through...but now that I have finally moved forward, closed the door and made the decision to accept God's will for my life...I can see hope for the first time!


My friend told me that you can be sad for a season...but don't live there!
Make the choice to seek out hope, perspective and ways to encourage others!


I am so blessed to have some amazing friends and family...and I am excited to move forward with hope and see what God has in store!


















No comments:

Post a Comment