"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Friday, August 26, 2016

Doubt...

First of all...I am not writing this blog because I am walking through a painful season right now.
In fact, my heart is joyful and my hope is new! I am excited about life and the future!


I am writing this blog...because like so many people out there...I find myself questioning God at times...and I think it is important  that I am open and honest about my doubts! Faith isn't all peaches and cream! (trust me...it is hard at times to believe in something and stick to your convictions when the world pushes you)


When I say questioning...I don't mean just the kind when we are walking through pain (you know the kind where you are on the floor crying out...asking if He is even there listening to you...yikes! Those seasons are hard...)


I am talking about questions like...
 Are the stories in the Bible really true...
How could the Bible be translated this many times over the years and people not change it up a little...
If God is loving then why would only some go to heaven...
How on earth could there be a Creator...
If Christianity is true then that means a lot of other religions are wrong...so what does that mean for other people?
Why would God create cake and then not allow us to eat as much as we want and stay skinny!?!?! :)


You know...the kinds of questions that a lot of times keep people from seeking out a relationship with God.
I mean...I can't imagine not coming from a background in faith and then as an adult trying to understand all the Christian beliefs!
I was raised in a home where my dad was a Muslim and my mom was a Christian.
As hard as that was sometimes...I am so glad that my dad forced me to challenge my faith. I am also glad that my mom pushed me to deepen my faith.


This caused me to think deep about my faith...
This caused me to question what I believe...
This created doubt...which in turn created curiosity...


The doubt and curiosity took me to a point in life where I knew that I was going to either have to really seek out the answers...or I was going to live a life saying that I believed in God...but really not having any idea what that meant and not having a  relationship with who I claimed was my Creator.


I didn't know how to search for answers.
I didn't think that as I searched for God that I would actually get an answer...
Because...there is not a single person out there that has an answer to prove God!


The amazing that happened during that search...and what God wants to do in each of us is show Himself to us through His Word.
That sounds like a fluffy answer right. Like a church answer I know...blah, blah, blah...right?


All I can tell you is that if you are really wanting to understand God...
If you are searching for peace...
If you have an empty void inside of you that nothing seems to fill...
 Seeking Him out is the only way you are going to find those things!


I can promise you that you will not get all the answers to your questions.
I can promise you that you will still doubt things at times...
But I can also promise you that if you are really seeking Him out...if you are really trying to go deeper and understand God...and have an open heart...He will reveal Himself to you and give you the faith needed to fight your doubt!


Listen...even people who claim not to believe in anything...are choosing to have faith that there is nothing there! Choosing to believe that we came from nothing. I have so much respect for that though because I can't imagine not having the hope in God when my life falls apart! That takes faith too!


But for me...
Believing in God means peace in the middle of a storm...
Believing in God means I have hope no matter what happens..
It means that I have a purpose and it gives me passion to share Him with others! (Note: I said share Him with others...not judge others! I can't stand judgmental, self-righteous people)


Trust me...there will be times in life when you will need to cry out to God...if you haven't walked through a season like that yet...you will!
You will lose someone...
You will lose your job...
Someone will get sick...
Life is full of crazy things!


Don't wait for a painful experience to come your way to cry out to God.
Call out to Him now :)


 Seek the answers to your questions, doubts and fears...and He will reveal exactly what you need and the faith required to trust Him!




His love is peace.
His ways bring life.
His path leads to hope!


Oh how He loves you and me!















No comments:

Post a Comment