"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A week with baby = Humbled

So my first week as a foster mommy is complete.

WOW!

First, I want to give a big shout out to all the moms and dads out there!
I think I have hit every emotion possible this week!

I have been very humbled by several things and I want to share some of those things because I can truly see now how much moms and dads do each day! (you never really know until you step into someones shoes)


1. I used to ask my girlfriends that had babies to go out for a quick bite to eat with me and they would say, "I am not sure that will work with baby's schedule". I never understood that! I would think to myself..."okay just put them to bed at a different time!"
Humbled big time on that idea! Schedules are important and I have had to say no three times to different friends this week that wanted to meet for dinner to keep baby N on her schedule.

2. HOW do people have more than one???? Parents are truly heroes man! I remember when my sister had three little babies to take care of and she would be pooped out at the end of the day. I never understood why a "stay at home parent" would be tired at the end of the day!(don't judge me for thinking that...I just never understood)  Boy was I humbled on that! I think I fell asleep three times this week in my work clothes and shoes still on...and I only have one!

3. Patience- If you know me well you will know that I am inpatient person. I like to do things fast and get things done. Soooo this week I learned that my schedule is not "my" schedule anymore.
I used to wonder why my mom friends wouldn't just meet me for 30 minutes at the gym and change their schedule. Yep I get it now why they didn't meet me :) I was so humbled by the patience I have seen in so many of my mom and dad friends out there!

4. I never understood why parents would say, "I haven't even had time to eat today."
I thought, why don't they just sit down and eat when the baby is eating.
I think I have lost ten pounds this week and I haven't even had time to step foot in the gym :)(I guess that is a good thing kinda) With work and baby time I don't even realize until the sun goes down what time it is! :)

5. Single parent homes. I realize that even in a two parent home it is hard and sometimes one parent carries the load of two people, but man....I have really developed a deep appreciation for all the single parents out there! I have two good friends at work that I love and admire for how they care for their boys and work like crazy to make a good life for them!

There are so many other things I have learned this week that I am sure most all parents can relate to, but I just wanted to share some of the things I feel humbled about.

Although the week has been tiring and challenging at times, I adore and love this sweet little girl that God placed in my life.
Her smile makes my heart melt and her giggle can erase the stress from a long day of work.

I am so thankful for all the parents and friends out there that have helped me to get through this first week. I am also so in awe of how amazing and heroic parents truly are!
To each of my friends that are parents....you are amazing!!!!!


Oh how He loves you and me!


No comments:

Post a Comment