"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My first month with N

Well tomorrow makes one month that baby N has been with me!

Let me tell you it has been an amazingly wonderful adventure!!!

I love this little girl in a way simple words on a page can't express.


I have learned so much through this journey and I thought I would share just a little bit with everyone.

One of the biggest things I have learned from N is that LOVE is definitely an action.
I didn't realize how much physical activity goes in to caring for a little human!
Some of these physical activities include...but are not limited to:
Getting out of bed at unusual times to check on her...
Bending over countless times to pick up toys she fumbles and drops...
Mastering the "reach behind arm move" from the front seat to the back seat of the car to grab a bottle...
Dancing to music to play and make her laugh...
Taking long walks to get her out of the house for a change or scenery..
Jumping up quick and sprinting over to grab her before she pulls, grabs or knocks something over..
and rocking her to sleep (MY FAVORITE)

I am learning that when you love someone you WANT to do things for them even if it is not always the most fun thing you could be doing.

I have also learned a lot about myself.
Caring for her has really made stop and reflect on areas in my life that I need to work on for her sake...and mine!

Caring for a little human has really made look at how patient of a person I am.
YIKES!
If you know me at all you will know that I am always early, I like to get things done fast and I don't have much patience for people that don't have that same attitude. ( I know that sounds bad...but seriously...hurry up people!)
Well... now that I have an 11 month old I am learning how important it is to have patience in every of life. Babies do everything in "snail mode" so I have learned to just be patient and find the beauty in the moments that I have with her. If I try to rush through everything in life then I miss out on the special times I have with her.

Our first month has had so many great moments and I wish so bad that all of you could see her sweet little face!!!
Please be in prayer for us in the next couple months as the opportunity for adoption will be presenting itself.
There are so many variables to this equation, but I am trusting that God has complete control and I  will prayerfully leave it in His hands.


If anyone reading this is considering fostering or adoption...I want to encourage you to take the steps to move forward! Make the choice to care for someone that needs love!


We are all adopted sons and daughters of a Father that loves us and chooses us daily!
Oh how HE loves you and me!!!









2 comments:

  1. Love it Mechel. I am so glad you have embraced this role and I knew you would be wonderful! Anyone can give birth but it takes a special person to be a Mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you sister! You're doing great things with your life and being a positive Christian influence on others around you. Including me. I love you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete