"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Adoption

Baby N

I have been asked a lot of questions lately about my decision to foster and adopt baby N. So I wanted to answer some of the questions in my blog.
To start, I do not mind the questions. In fact, I love when people ask questions because it is an opportunity to share with others what God has done in my life through this little girl.

One of the most common questions that people ask me is...."aren't you single?"
I am not sure what their mindset is behind that question, but most of the time people seem confused when they ask this....kind of wondering why I would do this as a single woman.
My answer each time I am asked this is, "Yes...I am single." I then go on to unpack the statement by explaining that when God calls you to do something you better not question what He has asked you to do. Of course sometimes you step out and your are fearful. I know I was at first. I went from a single 31 year old woman with what I thought were responsibilities at the time (if you are a parent you get that statement) to having a 9 month old in a matter of days after accepting God's call. I am sure all parents can relate to the fear of not doing something right...or raising them right...or giving them enough. My fears were...will I be able to let her go if this doesn't lead to adoption? Will I be able to be a mom and dad and do it well like so many other single parents? Will I be able to provide for her if this does lead to adoption?
In the end the choice to move forward and obey God's calling was clear. No matter how many fears I had I knew that it was safer to be in God's will then to walk away because of fear. I learned a big lesson through being obedient. I learned that just because we follow God's will does not mean that the fears will instantly leave. You have peace in knowing that this is right choice...but you have to daily lay your life and heart before the Lord to ask Him for peace and guidance through the journey!

Another question people ask me is, "don't you want to have your own?"
Now...I understand why people would ask this question, but I humbly present to them that the although I did not carry N or give birth to her...if the Lord blesses me and allows me to adopt this sweet baby she will be my own. I would simply like to say that if God chooses for me to have more children then I will be open to His call in whatever manner He brings them to me!

Do you think it is going to be harder to find a man that will accept this "situation"?
 (I laugh a little on the inside when I hear this one) Well... first of all this is not a "situation"...this is a blessing. If any man considers it anything less than a blessing he is just not for me. Nothing at all against the guy...some people are not called to this path. And that is okay. We all have different gifts and are called to different things. But if a guy is interested in me and understands my heart and passion to live out the calling that God has placed on my life then he will walk alongside me in this journey.
I think we sometimes forget that Jesus was adopted. Joseph chose to adopt Jesus as his son when Mary had him and lived as his earthly father. I find comfort in this because Joseph chose to walk by Mary's side and took Jesus in as an adopted son! Had he chosen a different path he would have missed out on Jesus!  I want to remind people that ask me this question that I believe my purpose in life is not to be married or have children. It is to live out what God wants for me...and I believe that in doing that everything else will fall into place. If that means to live single and adopt 8 or 9 babies (whoaaaa just kidding) then that is what I will do. If that means get married...then I know and have faith that God will bring a man that has the same desire to live serving and caring for orphans.


 My choice to adopt baby N has taught me so much about the beauty of God's grace and redemption. I look at my salvation and adoption into the family of God in such a different light now. We are all adopted sons and daughters of a loving Father and I am so thankful that God chose me to love and care for N.

Oh how He loves you and me!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment