"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, October 6, 2014

Wanting more...

I have found that on a daily basis one of the hardest things in life is wanting more...

Maybe not everyone is willing to admit this...but it is such a common theme in society today.

We want more money....
We want a husband or a wife...and when we get that... we want more out of the relationship.
We want more for our kids and we fear not giving it to them...
We want a better job...
We want a better home....
We watch reality TV shows and wish we had more like the people in the shows...

We get so caught up in the "I want more" life...

I will be the first in line to admit I struggle with this problem.

Here are just a few of mine...

I worry that as a single mom I won't be able to give baby N all the love she needs.
  I want more for her. I want her to know the love of a dad and feel the safety, security and protection that a father offers...

I want to eat carbs without gaining weight for goodness sake!!! (okay come on...I had to throw that in there)

I want more money to take care of college savings...and diapers...and diapers...and well if you have a toddler...you know diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want successfully serve in ministry, be a good mom, thrive in my career and find time to exercise and invest in the lives of my family and friends.

I also want to learn how to cook...and by cook I mean cook something that tastes good :)

So how do I get past all the "wants" in life...??
I mean...it is not like they are bad wants....right?

 What I have been learning as I seek out God's plan for my life is that the "wants" in life can't compare to the blessings that He has given me.
Maybe that sounds like a "church" answer...but I ask you to take 5 minutes and focus only on the blessings you have in life.

Here are some of mine...
I have been waiting for 32 years to be a mom...and out of God's faithfulness in a few short weeks I will hopefully be the mommy of a little girl!
 I have an amazing job that gives me the flexibility to take care of my little girl..
I can see and hear and smell and I am don't struggle with health problems like so many other have to do on a daily basis...
I have a great family and I am the prettiest one in the family ( #truthhurts)

 There is an old song that I used to sing in church. I think it was called "Count Your Many Blessing" and it says, "count your many blessings name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done". 
I know that in the really hard times of life it can be so difficult to think on the blessings of life...but those are the very moments that if you reach down deep inside and remind yourself of a couple things God has blessed you with...you can begin to drown out the darkness and let the light of hope shine through!

I heard it said one time that comparison is the thief of joy. This statement is so true...especially in a day and age when we all paint our lives as a pretty picture on a social media canvas. We see what other have and we find ourselves wanting more...

 My prayer for myself and for anyone who reads this is that you will begin to find more in the blessings you have and promises God has for your future.

 I am not sure where you are at today or what you are hoping to have more of...
but I encourage you to count your blessings...name them one by one and see just how much you have been given!

Note: A great Scripture that I read for moments or seasons like this is
"But my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus"
Philippians 4:19 (KJV)


Oh how He loves you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment