"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Hayden and Mechel

Then
 The picture above is the first picture Hayden and I ever took together. ( I look so young!!!)
 We were both attending a wedding in 2009 and we did not know each other at all. We had mutual friends at the wedding and it did not take long for us to find each other in the crowd of people. I felt an instant connection with him because his personality is so warm and welcoming.
If you know Hayden at all, #1 you are lucky and # 2 you can agree and understand how I felt when I met him. We are both very social and we hit it off that night laughing and talking. I also pulled him on the dance floor a couple times with me :) When it was almost time for everyone to leave I noticed a photographer snapping pictures and I made sure to grab Hayden to take one with me. (he probably thought I was silly) The picture you see above is the picture the photographer took that night. I am so glad we took that pic now! Hayden and I dated for several years until we felt God telling us to part ways for a season.
One of the hardest things to do in life is say goodbye to someone you love because God is asking you to do so.
Neither of us could understand why God would ask this of us...but we knew that we had to be obedient.
Have you ever had a time in your life when you feel God is calling you to take a step that you feel might break you down emotionally?
Maybe you are in that season right now...
Are you afraid to say goodbye to someone that God is telling you not to pursue now?


He can always make me laugh
 As time went on God really began to work on our hearts.
In our season of waiting He began to teach us things.
He began to shape us and mold us individually in ways that wouldn't have worked if we were together. 
He strengthened our hearts and minds in His ways...and not our own.
He taught us about patience, selflessness and mercy.
In this season of waiting Hayden became a Youth Minister and I started fostering Nylah.
God knew that saying goodbye for a season was preparing and strengthening us for a new journey together.
...so happy
 After a season of waiting God brought us back together this year. (YAY!!!)
I have never loved or respected Hayden more than I do now!
His leadership, mercy, patience (he is so patient with me), and love compels me to strive to be a better person each day.
His passion for people and love for the Lord is contagious and inspires me!
His willingness to love Nylah as his own...even though we are not engaged or married makes me cry every time I think about it...(crying now)
His love for family...
His ability to cook the best steak and BBQ chicken I have ever had...
His love for studying the Word of God...and living by it...
 
...and most importantly his ability to lead me to the Lord!
Now
People ask me all the time if we are going to get married.
My response to them now is that we are waiting on God's timing.
As a girl...of course I dream of that day :)
BUT...I have learned that rushing God won't get you anywhere!
I am trusting and believing that as Hayden and I seek out God's will for our lives that His best plan for us will be revealed when the time is right.
For now, we are enjoying the journey of serving the Lord together and raising up Nylah to love Jesus!
 
Are you in a season of waiting?
Do you feel God calling you out of something?
Maybe God is asking you to do something that you are afraid will hurt you?
 
I know from personal experience that obedience can be painful at times....but hang on friends! Don't. Give. Up! God will use your obedience to bless you beyond your wildest dreams!
 
Wherever you are right now...remember that God is going to work all things out for the good! (Romans 8:28)
He tells us that in His Word...and He is faithful!
 
 
Oh how He loves you and me!!!!
 
Love,
Mechel
 


No comments:

Post a Comment