"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, December 8, 2014

His love...

"Jesus loves me! This I know, for the Bible tells me so!"
Today I was singing this song to Nylah in the car on our way home from daycare.
I was singing the words over and over to try and get her to chime in with me.
As I repeated the words over and over I started to think about what those words meant.
"Jesus loves me."
That phrase hit me really hard when I said it slowly to myself.
"Jesus loves ME."
I have been singing that song since I was a little girl...and it wasn't until today that the words really hit my heart.
As a new parent I struggle every day with feeling like I am not doing enough for my little girl.
Maybe I worry too much...and maybe I put too much pressure on myself...but I want to give her my best.
At the end of each day I go to bed thinking, "I should have done better...or more for her today."
Is this something that all parents think I wonder...?
Some days are just really hard with a full-time job and taking care of all her needs...that by the end of the day I just don't have enough energy to play with her for very long...and I feel so guilty.
Some days I get patience is thin...
Some days I forget to say prayers with her...
...and at the end of those days I feel so heavy.
Today though...God reminded through the lyrics of a simple children's song that He loves me.
The God of this Universe loves me and died for me!
He died so that I could come to Him and ask for forgiveness when I fail and not have to carry the weight and burden of my sins.
I don't know about you...but that overwhelms my heart!
 
Are you struggling with areas in your life that you feel like you keep failing?
Maybe it's your finances...
Maybe it's an area with your spouse, children or a family member...
Maybe you are addicted to something...
Maybe you have hidden sins and you feel fake or ashamed...
 
One of the most beautiful things about Jesus is that He loves us no matter where we have been or what we have done!
We can come to Him, seek His forgiveness and His arms are open wide ready to love us!
Wherever you are at today and whatever you are facing please remember that Jesus loves you!
 
Check out this song...it is a beautiful version of Jesus loves me.
 
"For God so loved , that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
 
Oh how He loves you and me!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment