"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Our Story of forever love

 On 12-1-2014 Nylah Elizabeth Yekzaman officially became my forever love.
So many people have asked me to share a little bit about our story so I thought I would take a few minutes to try and describe what God has done in my life through this little girl.
 In November of 2013 I was sitting at church listening to several people give their testimonies on foster care and adoption. I felt God tugging on my heart strings...but I also felt very inadequate to even think about taking on such a big task.
I told myself there was no way I could do what God was asking of me because I was single, lived in an apartment and worked full-time. I reasoned with myself that the tug on my heart was only me being "emotional" and that it wasn't really God calling me to action.
After church and days later I could not stop thinking about fostering a child. I decided to take the first step and call DHS.
When I called them they told me there was "NO WAY" I could foster a child because I lived in a one bedroom apartment and any child would need their own room.
"Perfect!" I thought...this was my way out! This was my sign from God that He was not calling me to action...just to pray and help out those who were fostering.
Little did I know that God was not saying "NO WAY"...He was saying, "NOT YET".
Months went by and I really began to believe that my duty was just to pray for children in need since I couldn't help them by fostering or adopting.
I thought God had closed the door.
In February 2014 He decided to open the doors in a very unexpected way.
I was sitting at work one afternoon and my good friend Tracy Porter came into my office with one of our coworkers Megan.
Tracy had heard me talk about fostering in the past and she new how much I wanted to one day adopt a baby. Megan had come into Tracy's office that day and asked Tracy if she would be willing to foster her niece who needed a new foster home. Tracy has three children of her own and she knew she could not foster...but she remember me!
Tracy rushed Megan back to my office and when she opened my door the first words out of her mouth were, "Mechel...I found your daughter!"
I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about...until she had Megan explain to me that she was hoping that I would be interested in fostering her little niece.
She told me her name was Nylah.
 
I don't think it happens too often that someone from work randomly asks you to foster a baby...so I took this as a sign from God that He was laying this at my feet.
I wanted to shout from the rooftop...but then I remembered what DHS told me months ago..."NO WAY".
I was still in a one bedroom and Nylah would need her own place to sleep.
I wanted to just throw in the towel and tell Megan no...
I didn't want to call and get rejected again by DHS...
I didn't want to have my hopes rise to the highest levels and then crash at the words of man...
But then I remembered God has a sovereign plan of His own! He placed this at my feet and no matter the outcome...I was called to be faithful.
So the very next day I called Nylah's case worker.
She told me that because Nylah was still under a year old she could keep her crib in my room until she was one and be able to stay with me.
I couldn't believe it!
I knew that God wanted me in this little girl's life and I truly believed that He was going to clear the path.
On March 17th 2014 Nylah was dropped off at my house at 9:47 in the morning.
She has been with me every day since and my heart has never been the same.
I have learned so many lessons during this journey.
I learned that when God closes a door...it doesn't mean that He is closing it for good. God knows what is best for us and His timing is so perfect. In seasons of waiting He is strengthening us in the trust department!
I learned that being a mommy is really hard work! (seriously...props to all the moms with more than one baby...HOW DO YOU DO IT???)
I learned that you shouldn't wear black shirts during runny nose season. (Gross)
I learned that you DON'T get off nap schedule...
I learned that you don't get in a busy check out line at the grocery store before baby has had her dinner...(lesson learned my friends!)
I learned that children are so pure and don't hold a record of wrongs.
I learned the true meaning of "being a parent is hard work".
I learned that my family and friends are the most supportive and selfless people on the planet.
I learned that there was a man who was willing to love me and love Nylah as his own. His name is Hayden Young! God has restored and renewed our relationship and I am so in awe each time I see him love and care for my sweet girl!   
I also learned and appreciated on a deeper level the beauty of being adopted as a daughter of the King. God chooses us and redeems us to Himself as adopted sons and daughters!
 
Are you in a season of waiting?
Has God closed the door on something you believed He was calling you to?
I want to encourage anyone that reads this that you should use this season of waiting to grow your faith and press in to the Lord. It doesn't mean that He will open the door...but by pressing in...He will give you the strength you need to get through anything!
Is God calling you to do something and you don't feel adequate?
Friends...none of us are able to do things in our own strength. Take the step of faith with the Lord's help and He will carry you through!
 
"Call to Me and I will answer and tell you great and hidden things that you have not known" Jeremiah 33:3
 
Oh how He loves you and me!
 


2 comments:

  1. Nylah is so gorgeous and im so happy for you and Hayden, Nylah is so adorable and i smile every time i see her... :) <3 ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears! I love this and you!!!

    ReplyDelete