"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A call to be simple

I love new things :)

In fact, I have never met a person who doesn't.

I looked down at my feet today and smiled from ear to ear in appreciation for my white converse with pink laces and pink glitteration :)
My eyes stayed locked on my feet until my steps led me to stand right next to the tiniest little feet I had ever seen.

Ten little toes stood in front of me on a cold ground. Soon my gaze shifted from the tiny little feet to the tiny little frame these feet carried.

Her hair was dark and wavy. No sparkly clips or extravagant bows andorned her hair. Hey eyes were big and dark...full of question and wonder. Her dainty mouth was curved at the corner from a slight smile that crept across her face. She was wearing a pink shirt with striped tights and her tummy stuck out making the giant smiley face on her shirt appear almost real.

As I looked at her simple frame and then back down at my own feet, I felt as if my heart had been shoved through a meat grinder and then placed in front of everyone to see.
I began to feel tears form in the corners of my eyes as I looked back at her smiling face. I knelt down to talk to her and she could see the concerned look on my face and the tears in my eyes. herr tiny fingers opened around a small piece of candy she was grasping and she walked up to me with a big smile, and handed me her candy. I took it from her with a smile and asked her mother, who was standing behind her, if I could give her a hug. She consented with a warm smile and I placed my arms tightly around this tiny angels body.

In a moment of complete humbleness, I started to understand the true beauty of what it means to be simple and to have a heart like a child.
You see..this little girl lives in the homeless shelter downtown OKC. She is just like any of us. She was proud and happy to have her treasured piece of candy; but with a simple and pure heart she was willing to open her hands and give away her treasure in order to ease my pain. She didn't care that I had more than her;all she could see was my need.

I don't believe that it is wrong to like new things, want new things, or sometimes even wish for new things;I believe that God understand those desires in us.
But what I learned from this little girl is that even if we have nice things we have to be willng to open our hands and release our grip.....
I don't believe that the solution is to sell everything that we own and to feel bad that we have nice things.
The solution that was presented to me today through the life of a little girl is this...

Be proud of what you have, but ask yourself,would you be willing to give up the posessions you love in order to help someone in their time of need???


Oh how He loves you and me!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love reading your post! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete