"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Friday, February 25, 2011

His love is breathtaking!

Have you ever had a moment that took your breath away????

Today....it happened to me!

Today I went to City Rescue Mission to talk to the Volunteer Coordinator(his name is Seth) and he was telling me about some of the ways I can really dig in deep and help with the women and children at the shelter. As he was talking I could hear the passion and excitment that he had for this place...so I did what I always do...I interrupted him :) I the middle of him explaining how the shelter helps people get back on their feet, I couldn't help but wonder what had created this passion inside of him to get started and help at the mission.
So... I asked him...

He told me that it was something that God did in him instantly one day. He explained that he was from a small town and that they didn't have many places for homeless people where he was from. He went on to say that one day while visiting someone in OKC, he stopped at a McDonalds downtown and saw a homeless person and in an instant he said that God just put it on his heart to act now! He then contacted the shelter and started volunteering right away.
The moment that took my breath away was when he said he even actually lived at the shelter for 8 months in order to better relate and understand the people.....

I have been thinking about this all day....

This man, who is my age, was willing to give up everything, even the comforts of his home to seek to understand the hearts and the minds of those he was serving. (tears in my eyes and lump in my throat)
It was the most humbling and breathtaking experience I have had to date!
He was quick to divert the attention off of his story and went on to tell me how much the people had taught him.
He explained that this ministry was all about pouring into the lives of the people and giving them the hope they need to be able to get back out into the world and stand on their feet.

This idea brought me back to the life of Christ...

Christ calls us to love and to serve all people regardless of their position in life!

The homeless people that I encountered today are no different than me, and they deserve to be treated with the same amount of respect, care and love as any other person.

Today, the Lord showed me through the passionate, humble heart of a young man how precious it is to serve those who are in need of a little compassion.

Oh how He loves you and me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment