"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 12, 2011

True Love

As I sat on my bed tonight scanning the television for something instresting to watch, one of my favorite movies was on.

Pride and Prejudice
As I settled back on the bed under a comfy blanket I watched in anticipation as the love story unfolded.(even though I have seen it 50+ times and know the ending well)
The movie is one of my favorites because of the tension that exists between the two lovers; but in the end their love sustains them beyond any difficulty they battle.
Because it's a fictional movie I started to wonder if this kind of love truly exists now days....
In honor of Valentines Day and three of the most special couples I know, I would like to give a shout out to them.


My dad and mom....
Since I was a little girl I have watched my parents.....

My dad is from Iran and my momma is from the US. God brought them together from two different worlds to find each other.
They have gone through so much and have stayed honest, pure and true to the beautiful love they created more than 30 years ago.
My dad would do anything for my mother and she would do the same in return for him. They are so different...but I believe that it is what makes their love so strong.

Cody and Sanam....
My sister and brother-in-law ....
For over ten years now I have watched as their love has grown.
My brother in law is the romantic type...always buying flowers, taking my sister to movies and going out of his way to plan something special.

My sister is so deserving of those things because she takes care of him and their children in ways that I hope to be able to some day copy.

They are best friends and when you see them together you cant help smile at the way they connect with each other.

Their love runs deep and has carried them through so many things.

Jared and Reagan...




If you are lucky enough to know these two, you would know that their love is one of a kind. When I watch them together and see them interact I sit in amazement that God brought two people together who are so perfect for each other.
Jared is so sweet, patient and kind to Rea...
Rea is supportive, loving and respectful of Jared...
They make each other laugh and they hold each other when they cry.

As an english major I spend so much of my time reading fictional stories filled with deep and passionate love. It is hard sometimes to believe that love like that really exists; but thankfully, all I have to do is look at these special people and I am reminded that true love is real.

"True love is the soul's recognition of its counterpart in another."










No comments:

Post a Comment