"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Dad

When I was a little girl I would wake up in the morning, sit on the couch and watch as my dad put his gloves and coat on before he left for work. He would leave when the sun was just coming over the horizon and always had a smile on his face as he walked out the door.




Me and my sisters and brother would run to the window to wave goodbye to him as he drove off.




Around 5p.m. he would get back from work and we would all sit down to have dinner. Afterwards he would rush off to his room to get changed for his second job.

My dad did this every night for most of my life....

We did not have a lot of time during the week with my dad when we were little, but even in his absence he was teaching us some beautiful things.

(I don't know why we have guns in this pic...hahahaha)

In the twenty plus years my dad worked his two jobs I NEVER heard him complain once. Although I am sure he got tired and frustrated, he never revealed those feelings to his children.


He taught us that we should be thankful for the work that God has blessed us with and that even though his body was tired, he was willing to do whatever he had to for his family.


He taught us that no matter how bad a situation seems if you keep giving your best, work hard, and stay faithful, things will be alright.


My dad doesn't have a lazy bone in his body and anyone who knows him would agree.


His quiet spirit and willingness to serve his family without ever complaining are attributes that are rare to find and that a greatly treasured by all who know him.









No comments:

Post a Comment