"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Comfort




Isaiah 53:10  (Isaiah 53)

Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;1
when his soul makes2 an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Is there anything in your life you are pleading for God to help you with?

I have several dear friends and loved ones who have called me lately that are overcome with grief as they cry out to God for answers and help.
I have cried and prayed with them; but when a friend shares moments of great confusion and deep hurt, it is not always easy to find words to say that will offer the encouragement they need.
I know sometimes all someone needs is a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on, but my heart aches to do something or say something more to provide a band aid for their wounded soul.
Something common I hear from my friends, that resonates within me(because I know I have felt this way too) is this, "I am crying out for God to do something...but He is silent!"

This morning as I was thinking of my dear friends I have talked to lately, I began to think on that statement.

The part of that statement that hit me was "GOD DO SOMETHING!"
It is deep plea that is asked during a time of confusion and pain.
I began to humbly ask God for wisdom of how to offer encouragement to my friends.
I believe that sometimes we can get to a point when we are so beat down and weary that we have a hard time hearing words of encouragement. We are tired and wounded from life and we don't feel like fighting anymore.
HOWEVER....
Today as I was seeking out how to answer my friends questions about when God was going to help them, I was reminded of a verse in Isaiah 53 that shed some light.
In verse 10 Isaiah reminds us that, "it was the will of the Lord to crush Him".
Isaiah was telling us that it was the will of the Father to CRUSH His Son for US! 
You see my friends...He has done something for you and for me already!
He chose to send His Son to die for us and to suffer for us. Christ knows exactly what it feels like to be crushed and broken.
We all experience different things in life and no other human can really understand the depth of pain we are going through.
But we can find comfort in knowing that He understands!
If you are in a season of confusion, hurt, loss, or fear, I pray that even if you do not have the desire or strength to read His word...you will do it anyways!
Reading His word will not instantly change what you are walking though in life right away; but as you read of His sacrifices for you and the love He has for you, you will begin to experience a deep peace that will carry you through your storm.
Even He was not free from pain, persecution, betrayal or loss.
He came and experienced all of it not only to save our souls, but also to lovingly remind us in moments when nobody else understands ...that He knows!

I do not know what you are going through.
I do not understand the ache that you are feeling...
....but I do know that He has done something to help you!

Whatever you are facing, I pray that you will have the strength to seek Him for comfort... because I know you will find it in abundance!

My sweet friends... Oh how He loves you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment