"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 19, 2011

sister from another mother

So the story must be told :) 

Once upon a time there were two little home schoolers :)

These two little girls didn't know each other when they were young, but they were destined to meet in a coffee shop(very storybook setting) many years later.

This is my version of our story :)





 One summer day as I was searching for a roommate to live with me in my new apartment, I decided to stop at a small coffee shop and ask a college pastor if he knew of anyone who needed a place to live. I had spent a lot of time looking for someone and I was beginning to get pretty discouraged. In the middle of telling him what I was looking for, he stopped me and turned to his left and pointed to the cutest, most fashionable girl sitting at a tall table working on her computer. He said, "Mechel, meet Reagan. Reagan, meet Mechel."
I talked to her for about 5 minutes...but I knew instantly that she was going to be my new roommate. 

Well, she did move in and I fell in love with her instantly!

I am sure most of you who read this blog know Rea. (if you don't know her, you should)

Some of the beautiful things about my friend include...but are not limited to...

An authentic heart....
A giving spirit...
A passion to serve...
The willingness to admit faults..
Unbelievable strength under pressure..
Deep love for family...
Always seeking to do what is right...
Always seeking wisdom to follow God's plan...
And the most, most, mostest, mosterest, supportive bestest friend ever! (kinda dramatic, but true :)

  She has been there for me through thick and thin since I met her, and I praise God every day that He brought her into my life. Like any friends, we have had our ups and downs...but everything has only made me love her more.
  She never ceases to amaze me with the strength of heart that she exhibits under pressure, and the determination to grow in His love every day.
  I am so thankful that God entrusted me with such a beautiful friend...
A friend that I am proud to call my sister!

Love ya Rea!
 

1 comment:

  1. Friends like that are few and far in-between. They are the jewels of life. It's amazing what happens in your life when you have that kinda support all the time. An encourager while also a person who challenges you to be bigger and better. Friends, raise the roof for them! :)

    ReplyDelete