"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Constant.

"On the day I called, You answered me;
my strength of soul You increased." Psalm 138:3


 Are you facing something in life right now that you need the Lord to give you a solid answer on?

I know that when I am struggling with something that I have been praying for for a long time, I will say this verse over and over again.

I found so much hope in the words because it says, "on the DAY I called, You ANSWERED me"

I would always think to myself ..."wow, on the day I cry out to Him, He is going to give me an answer".
I thought, "AWESOME! I am going to get my prayer answered today"!

The truth is He does answer our prayers right away.
Sometimes He says Yes...
Sometimes He says No........
and sometimes He says WAIT....

However, the more I recited this verse I began to see that what the writer became convinced of, was that God answered him by giving him strength of soul to carry on and wait for whatever His answer might be.

Later in that chapter David praises God for the way that He preserves him against his enemies.
David calls out to the Lord and says, "On the day I called, You answered me; my strength of soul you increased."

I do believe that the Lord answered David...whether it was yes, no, or not yet; however, I believe that what David is trying to convey to us is that whatever the answer was, the greater gift was that God strengthened his soul!
I know so many people right now who are hurting. I myself just got a NO from God...and it was very clear because it came in the form of a letter in the mail! (ouch)
BUT...
What I have learned through this is that as I wait, or as I get disappointed with the dreaded "NO", the Lord still gives me something. He gives me the strength of soul to carry on!
There is nothing in this life that we can hold on to!
Everything that you have could be taken from you in a second!
Your job..
your health...
your children...
your family....

So many times we struggle though life because we want all of these things to be exactly right. We cry out to God asking Him to give us an answer for "something"....when what we really need is Him alone!
One thing I have learned in my life is that Christ is the only thing that lasts.
He is constant.
His faithful.
He never leaves us when we are hurting.
He never judges us for where we are at in life...
He gently waits on us to seek Him, and lovingly accepts us back into His arms.

Whatever you are facing today, remember that He is bigger!
Cry out to Him and ask Him for help, and watch as He pours out enough strength for your weary soul.


Oh how He loves you and me!!!!

1 comment:

  1. 25 The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. 26So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD. 27 And it is good for the young to submit to the yoke of his discipline. ~ Lamentations 3:25-27

    ReplyDelete