"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, December 19, 2011

Blessings

I am so blessed to know so many wonderful people in my life!

I have two truly amazing parents who live their lives for their children!
  I have two beautiful sisters who are my dearest and best friends.
I have a brother who would do just about anything for me...and a brother in law who I love so dearly for the way he cares for my sister and my nephews.
    I also have the cutest nephews in the known world!


 I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams!



I also have some wonderful people in my life that God has blessed me with and that I treasure dearly.
  I have one of the best friends in the wide world whose name is Reagan Johnson. For better or worse she loves me and is in it with me for the long haul!

I have some amazing friends from my past that I have lost touch with but have never forgotten the love they have bestowed on me.
I have met some wonderful people at my church home who love on me and treat me like their family.
 My dear mentor Rachel has been such a joy and help to me!

I have also been blessed with some amazing people at my work.
   My partner in crime is my sweet friend Suzanne. I haven't known her for very long...but she blesses my heart each day I spend with her at the office. She makes me laugh and gives me the perfect encouragement for the moment.
  I have had the opportunity to meet over a dozen women at my office who have given me moments of laughter and encouragement, and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work with these great women. I can't leave out my sweet Dr. Lloyd! (only guy in the office)

At this time of year when family and friends are so important...
(not that they aren't all year round...but you get where I am going)  I am just so thankful and encouraged by the blessings in the form of people that God has graciously given me.

   I can't help but smile as I watch families shopping for presents together in the store.
I find my spirit is encouraged as I listen to couples sitting together at coffee shops just enjoying each others presence.
  I am full of joy as I watch a child's face light up at the thought of mommy and daddy and Christmas!
I have however seen and heard of so many stories from friends who have emailed me, or strangers at my office who have told me of loss in their family and the sadness that they will face this Christmas.
   My heart aches for people who will not have a loved one to spend this Christmas with.
A sweet little lady from my office told me that she would be alone for Christmas. She said at 83 she has gotten used to the idea of being alone.
 My heart broke at the thought and I told her that we should never have to get used to that idea.

There are so many people out there that are hurting, alone and who are probably going to be spending this Christmas away from someone they love.

Is there someone in your life that you know who is going to be alone this Christmas?
   Is there someone you can reach out to and bless with a smile or compassion?
There is no greater gift than to show someone love and make them feel that they are valued and important.
    This Christmas maybe we can focus on the great blessings that we have been given and seek to be as much of a blessing to those who are around us.

This Christmas, remember that you are loved by an amazing Father who desires to bless you and give you peace.
His compassion and love are the sweetest gifts that we will ever get and they are the best gifts to re-gift! :)

Oh how He loves you and me!


No comments:

Post a Comment