"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I don't know what to do...

Have you ever come to a time in your life where you wonder...what am I going to do?

Maybe you are at a crossroads in your life and you are trying to decide which way to go....
Maybe you have come to a hurdle in life and you are wondering what on earth you are going to do to get over it...
Maybe you keep facing trial after trial and it seems like every time you turn around you have been hit with another problem and you just don't know what to do....

I have been working with several young women lately who are in a season of ..."what do I do now!!!"

 They are burdened and weary by the heavy load that this life can sometimes place on their shoulders.
One young lady has had problem after problem come at her and it seems like their is no relief in sight.
I listen to her as she cries and laments over the war that is raging inside of her and I begin to cry as I ache to give her some type of solution to her problem. I wish I could hug her and hold her until all of the pain was gone(which I do anyways :) ) but I know that no amount of comfort can get her through what she is facing.

Another young woman has been facing some very serious health conditions for months! Although I can't understand how she is feeling, I try my best to put her at ease and just spend time trying to make her laugh. Each moment though my heart cries silently to the Lord that He would take this cup from her. I can't bear to watch as her health takes away precious moments that she could be living free of pain and full of joy!

I listen as one of my dearest and oldest friends shares with me the loss of someone she has loved for years. I see the questions fill her tear filled eyes although she can voice no words to convey her pain. I see the depth of hurt that her circumstances have placed her in...and I wonder how I can do anything to bring her some type of peace.

All of these people don't know what to do...
and I don't know what to do....
BUT I do know that He knows what to do!

In 2 Chronicles there was a king named Jehoshaphat. (p.s. I love that name!) This king was told that, "a great multitude is coming against you" (20:2a)
You see Jehoshaphat had just gotten the kingdom in order. He had worked hard to bring his country to a place of peace and as soon as that happened he found out that his country was going to be attacked and destroyed.
( I am sure we can all relate to that. Just when it seems like we have conquered one issue...here comes the next!)
You could say that he was probably in a "I don't know what to do now" season.
The king had to make up his mind no matter what heaviness this brought upon him...he was going to have to choose to seek the Lord.
Now that doesn't mean it was easy.
I am sure he prayed and cried out to God. It even says that he feared for a moment.
However, it is recorded in the Bible that Jehoshaphat went before his people and told them to seek the Lord through prayer and fasting. Then...he went before them began to worship and praise the Lord. At the end of his time with the people he made a statement that gives me courage and hope!

He said, " We have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us;nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You" (vs. 12)
Then they waited....

Are you up against a set of circumstances that you have no power over? Do you feel that the Lord has left you?
Are you wondering deep down inside how you are going to make it....

I want to encourage whoever reads this to know that the Lord is near to you!
The story did not end with the people of the Lord just waiting.
The Lord spoke and said to His people,
  " You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is WITH YOU, O Judah and Jerusalem! Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you." (vs.17)

The people chose to seek the Lord no matter how hard things got and they praised Him in the midst of their despair.
The Lord was faithful to them and reminded them that they would see the salvation of the Lord!
He reminded them that He was with them and that even though they would still be going into battle...He would give them victory!

Maybe you are going through something like this in your life right now...
I want to encourage you to use this verse and insert your name!
  "_______ will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourself, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, ________! Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you!"

May your days be filled with hope and your heart be overflowing with His love!

Oh how He loves you and me!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! Love you sister and glad to see the extra support you are giving others out there. Jer. 1:5

    ReplyDelete