"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 15, 2011

People

Sooooo I just have to say how much I love people!!!!!

I know that at this time of year everyone starts to get irritated with other people...but I just love to hear stories of people's family traditions, Christmas recipes and I especially love the funny stories of awkward family get togethers.
More than hearing the stories though, I love to watch the expression on the person's face who is telling the story.
It's so beautiful to me to see someones face light up as they tell of their family.
I LOVE to see people laugh as they talk and share.
I have to admit it is hard to watch  people who have a sad story begin to tear up as they tell their story. I wanna just reach out and hug them! (which I usually do!)

I want to share with you the story of a sweet lady I met a couple days ago.

She stands about 5 feet 4 inches tall and she has curly black and white hair. Her hands are worn from years of work, but are still beautiful. Her eyes are dark brown but carry warmth and comfort when you look at her. Her smile is her most beautiful accessory because it can make you feel like you have just gone home to see momma. 
She walks with a slight limp but her presence embodies strength and hope.

This was my first impression of my new sweet friend. I met her while I was working and I instantly fell in love with her!
I initiated a conversation with her and found out that she was on a fixed income and could barely afford to pay her bills, but she was out shopping for her friends that live at a nursing home. She was buying small gifts that cost no more than a dollar, but she was happy and content in her selection.
I asked her how she could afford to do so much when she was living on so little. She gently placed her hand on my shoulder and told me that a dollar or two was worth the happiness and contentment that people would get when they received their gifts. She said it didn't have to be a big gift if it was given in love.
She was a beautiful person that I loved talking to because I saw God's hand at work in her life! She was choosing to sacrifice her time, and finances to bring joy to so many other people who might not have anything for Christmas.
The beauty in her story is that she wasn't giving people hundred dollar gifts...she was spending a little more than a dollar per person. However, what her story shows is that people don't care what you give them or how much it costs, they just want to know that they are cared about and loved.
Her story is a reminder that the true gift of Christmas is love!

Is there someone that you can love today??
Is there someone that you can reach out to and show compassion and love???
Take time to get to know random people you meet and show them love.
I promise once you do, you will bless their life... and you will be blessed as well!


Oh how He loves you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment