"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Monday, December 12, 2011

A God of breakthroughs!

Well...

It has been a long time since I have sat down to write a blog.

There have been several reasons for that....but only by the grace of God am I able to sit down over a cup of coffee and some good praise and worship music, and pour my heart out to you.(not sure who "you" are...or if anyone reads this...but here we go)

So I have heard it said so many times in my life that God is a God of breakthroughs.
In fact, I have experienced several breakthroughs in my life and given that glory to God without even questioning it was He who did a good work in me.

well...about 4 months ago I began to seek God for a breakthrough again. I needed divine help.

I prayed.
I spent time seeking after Him.

and still...
No breakthrough.
So, I waited. I wish I could say that I waited with extreme faith. But, I want to be transparent with you by saying that I got impatient several times and even questioned things!
I am ashamed that my faith was not strong enough; however, I have learned so much about the Lord's faithfulness because of those times.
It was because of those times that I got very real before the Lord and cried out to Him for clarity and help.
Have you ever been there?
Maybe you need a breakthrough.
It could be in your finances...
maybe its freedom from an addiction..
maybe its clarity on how to handle a situation..
maybe its struggling with how to handle certain people in your life..
maybe its breaking chains or strongholds in your life that keep you from moving forward..
maybe its trusting Him with your life and future...

Whatever it is that you are facing know that you are not alone.
"I will never leave you nor forsake you" -Jesus.  (Heb. 13:5b)

There are people all around you that are needing some type of breakthrough in their lives!
You will find them at school...
at work...
at church...
even on your news feed on facebook.
Each of us are yearning for something.
If you aren't now...you will be eventually...that is just the way life goes.
BUT..because we serve a sovereign God...we can rest assured that we will NOT walk alone in those times of struggle and waiting.
As a way of showing His glory and provision I want to share with you my breakthrough!

My breakthrough...
was FREEDOM!
Let me explain.
I have been seeking for God to come and change things in my life so powerfully in a certain area. I have quite honestly begged Him at times. I wanted something so badly and could not understand why God was not allowing me to have it! I knew that I would not have a breakthrough until what I was praying for(or what "I" thought was best) came about.
Well....
I didn't get what I was praying for.
In fact I still have not experienced the breakthrough I thought I was going to get.
Instead, God graciously gave me the breakthrough He knew I needed!
After all the months of seeking, praying and waiting...my breakthrough came in the freedom of knowing that a sovereign God has my best interest at heart!
He gave me freedom and peace!
He broke through my stubborn pride and waited patiently for me to realize that there is complete peace when I yield control to Him.

Is there something in your life that need freedom from?
Are you seeking the Lord for a breakthrough???

Whatever you are going through in your life please remember that God loves to show His faithfulness to His children!
It might take days, weeks, or months for things to change.
BUT.. I promise you that as you draw close to Him and seek His will for your life He will breakthrough anything that you are facing and show you His power!

"Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and thrown into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it , and it will be yours." -Jesus (Mark11:23-24)

Oh how He loves you and me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment