"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Sweet Ally

So about 10 months ago I was blessed to meet a special girl whose name is Ally.
Ally has a sweet heart with a personality to match.
When I moved to OKC a became Ally's nanny while I was finishing up school at UCO.

 I spent almost everyday with her and learned a little bit about what it must be like to be a mom.
I learned patience!
My patience was tested not only in helping her with homework and chores, but also in having patience with watching her struggle through things that life brought on that I knew were hard on her. I wanted God to come to her rescue and help her with the things that made her sad or upset...but I knew had to be patient and trust that He loved her more than I did.

   I learned that TIME is the most important thing to a child.
I could give her gifts, take her out to eat or take her to the movies...but in the end all she really wanted was to spend time together.

It was a valuable reminder that that is how God feels about us.

   He is thankful when we sacrifice our things and possessions for Him...but He wants out time and our attention.
He wants to have a relationship with us!



                                       I learned that forgiveness!
Many times throughout the time I took care of Ally we would get into little arguments(silly things)
  and yet she would quickly come to me and ask for forgiveness and the issue would be over.
It reminds me of the way that the Lord calls us to forgive and the way He forgives us!
He knows when we fall...but He is always willing to accept our forgiveness and allow us to move forward with no strings attached.




I saw in her unconditional love.
    I am not Ally's nanny anymore, but I still take her to church with me and spend time with her. She loves me no matter how many times I forget to text her back or accidentally forget her birthday. (ooooopppss soorrry ALLY)

Children teach us so much about the way that we should live and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to meet her!

       Although we think as adults that we have so much to teach the children in our lives...we can really sit back and learn far more from them! They are pure in heart and always willing to love.
                                       Me we love and give as freely as the children in our lives!
                                                         Oh how He loves you and me!!!!!

Me and Ally after church. Baking cookies for Christmas. Love you bean!


No comments:

Post a Comment