"Act justly, Love mercy, Walk humbly. -Micah 6:8

The deep desire of my heart is to show people the love of Christ! His love is not religion...it is about a deep relationship that provides grace, mercy and hope for life.
My prayer is that this world would be changed by His love...one person at a time!

Oh how He loves you and me!!!


" If you judge people you have not time to love them." -Mother Teresa

Friday, December 30, 2011

I love...love....LOVEEEEE!!!!!!

I LOVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 I am so thankful for the job that the Lord has blessed me with at the dentist office! I love this job so much because it gives me the ability to sit down one on one with people and help them make big decisions about their dental work.
Today I sat with a young woman who was so nervous that I would judge her because of the dental work that she needed. I saw the tears start to form in her eyes as she slowly lowered her head in shame. Her small hands came up to her face to wipe a stray tear that was sliding down her cheek.
My heart began to ache and I wanted to jump across my desk and give her the biggest hug ever!!!
Well I didn't jump across the desk, but in that moment I was able to encourage her that I too had been in the same position where she currently found herself.
I was able to use myself as a way of making her understand that there was no reason to be ashamed. I think at one point I even made fun of myself in order to make her laugh. I watched as her eyes began to light up and her small frame began to sit back against the chair in relief.
She was starting to realize that regardless of how bad things seemed...there were other people who could relate to what she was facing. It then didn't seem so bad.
(oh and of course I did end in giving her a big, fat hug...I can't miss out on a chance to hug!)
Most people are so nervous and ashamed when they need to get dental work... and with my new position I am able to spend time helping them feel comfortable and realize that there is nothing to be ashamed of at all!
I get to bring them into my office and listen to stories of their life, console them as they cry and laugh with them as they share funny stories. I am able to build relationships with people and just love on them!
I am blessed beyond measure for the position that the Lord has given me within the company!

I work with two wonderful dentists who spend time really caring for their patients.
 I have seen Dr. Storey spend time explaining to a small child that the tools she is going to use are not scary but are in fact something the child can see as funny.
I have watched as she patiently waits for patients, who are so nervous, to calm down so she can move forward. She calmly talks to them and reminds them that she has their best interest at heart and will take care of them.

I have seen the way that Dr. Lloyd goes out of his way to make sure that his patients are taken care of thoroughly.  I have seen patients receive a brand new smile and tears fill their eyes as they reach out to embrace him. I have listened to the gentle way he explains that whatever they are facing he is going to help them! 

As I watch our doctors and dental assistants care for our patients and I am sometimes moved to tears.

  You see, even though we are all different there is one common thing that we can all relate to... we all want to know that we are cared about.
We were created for relationship and the desire to be loved.
I am not sure that any of the people in my office even recognize that they are making such an impact on the lives of the people that they care for every day....but I know that it does not go unnoticed by our patients.

We are all on a mission in this world! Our mission is to bestow love on people!
Love could be helping someone with their workload...
Love could be spending time listening to someones cares and concerns...
Love could be making someone laugh who is heavy and burdened...
Love could simply be sharing a smile with someone at the grocery store...

The Lord is the greatest example of love and OHHH how I long for people to experience His love!
  Each day that we live is an opportunity to bestow love on someone that you come in contact with!

There is no greater joy than to love someone and to be loved!

If you are seeking a mission for 2012...I encourage you to make your mission LOVE!

For God so loved the world , that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life! John 3:16


For anyone who reads this and needs prayer...please email my facebook... I would love to pray for you!
  
Oh how He loves you and me!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment